May 3 Service
Welcome to our "online service." On this page you will find a few videos with songs and teaching, as well as some readings and prayers to work through on your own or with whatever group you are able to meet with.
Call to Worship:
Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.
Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
let this be made known in all the earth.
Song of Praise: Lift High the Name of Jesus
Confession and Assurance
Prayer of Confession:
O Father, we are gathered before you,
the Maker of Heaven and Earth,
whose chosen dwelling place is with the broken and contrite,
to confess that we have sinned in thought and word and deed.
We have not loved you with all our heart and soul,
we have not loved you with all our mind and strength;
we have not even loved our neighbor as ourselves.
In your mercy, deepen our sorrow for the wrong we have done
and for the good we have left undone,
so that we may hate our sin with a holy hatred.
But, please Father, do not leave us in sorrow.
With you, O Lord, there is forgiveness.
In your mercy, restore the joy of our salvation;
so that we may love you with a holy love. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 12:2-3
“Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation.”
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
1 Peter 3:18-22 (Part 2)
The Apostles' Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried,
he descended to the dead.
The third day he rose from the dead,
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic1 church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
How you decide to voice the prayers is up to your group; you may have one person pray out loud, or take turns, etc. The list below gives some suggestions of prayer concerns; you may certainly add your own.
- For the advancement of the Kingdom of God during this time
- Adjustment to the new normal
- Scientists and disease experts who are working on a vaccine for the virus
- Physicians, nurses, other medical professionals who are risking their own health to treat those in need
- Our governmental leaders--The President and Vice President, the Congress, our Governor and other state and local leaders
- Our church leaders who seek to minister to the congregation in unconventional ways
- Members and friends of our congregation who are vulnerable due to health, age, and other circumstances
Song of Praise: All Gone
The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.
1. In lower case, "catholic" refers not to the Roman Catholic church but to the church made up of genuine Christian believers across time and space. It is similar to the term universal, and some churches substitute that word. But "catholic" is a theological term with a long history, and it's worth knowing and using.↩