Welcome! If you are "visiting" with us this Easter morning, our online service might look a little different. Instead of one video to watch all the way through, we have created this webpage with several videos for songs, testimonies, and the sermon, along with texts to guide you through some times of prayer and confession. We hope this is an encouragement to you, whether you are using these materials on your own or with others.
Hymn: Crown Him with Many Crowns
Confession of Sin and Assurance of Pardon
Prayer of Confession
Father in heaven, we need to be forgiven.
We have tried to heal ourselves.
Instead of trusting in the death of Jesus Christ,
we have tried to work off our guilt.
We have tried so hard to pile up good deeds that outweigh our sins.
When this doesn't work, we quickly turn to denial and distraction.
Instead of trusting in the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
we have tried to change through our own efforts.
We have tried to change our hearts through sheer willpower.
This has left some of us arrogant.
This has left most of us anxious and depressed.
Forgive us for trying to heal ourselves.
Forgive us for neglecting your grace.
Forgive us and heal us, for Jesus' sake. Amen.
Assurance: 1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born againt to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Chrsit from the dead.
Song: There Is No Greater Portrait
Confession of Faith: The Apostles' Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried,
he descended to the dead.
The third day he rose from the dead,
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic1 church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
How you decide to voice the prayers is up to your group; you may have one person pray out loud, or take turns, etc. The list below gives some suggestions of prayer concerns; you may certainly add your own.
- Christ is risen! Thank God that Christ is victorious over sin and death.
- For the advancement of the Kingdom of God during this time
- Adjustment to the new normal
- Scientists and disease experts who are working on a vaccine for the virus
- Physicians, nurses, other medical professionals who are risking their own health to treat those in need
- Our governmental leaders--The President and Vice President, the Congress, our Governor and other state and local leaders
- Our church leaders who seek to minister to the congregation in unconventional ways
- Members and friends of our congregation who are vulnerable due to health, age, and other circumstances
Song: Christ Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed
1. In lower case, "catholic" refers not to the Roman Catholic church but to the church made up of genuine Christian believers across time and space. It is similar to the term universal, and some churches substitute that word. But "catholic" is a theological term with a long history, and it's worth knowing and using.↩